In just a little over a month, People of Tomorrow from all over the globe will unite for one of the world’s largest electronic festivals and most anticipated events of the year. Located in Boom, Belgium Tomorrowland will house upwards of 400,000 people and hundreds of DJ’s over the course of two weekends in July. This year will celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the festival itself and we couldn’t be more excited to be attending. In preparation, we have curated the ultimate festival checklist full of travel tips and tricks, playlists, and must-bring items for this year’s main event.
CAMPING & LODGING
Dreamville at Tomorrowland accommodates thousands of attendees in various forms of lodging and is an amazing city structure at the festival. Whether you are truly camping or ‘glamping’ it is wise to cover all bases and prepare for any climate and any situation. Here are some of our most recommended items for your festival camping experience.
- Bring a tent…or rent!
- Sleeping bag
- Tarp for inclement weather
- Heavy blankets
- Padding or air mattress
- Locks for tents
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Extra tissue/toilet paper
- USB, Battery, or Handheld Fans
- First Aid Kit
- Lawn Chairs
Festivals are one of the places we can really feel our best and express ourselves. Whether you are a master of comfort, a sparkly glitter queen, or a costume king, wear whatever makes you the happiest! It is also good to note to bring layers! With long days and nights, weather can change in an instant and it is always good to be prepared.
Things to pack:
- Comfortable Shoes
- Flip flops for showers
- Light jacket or hoodie
- Whatever creative rave gear that makes you happy!
A solid list of essential items to have during your travels. What’re some of your essential items to bring along in your adventures?
- Travel size bath products
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hair Brush
- Bath Towels
- Small mirror
- International electrical charger
- Portable Music Speaker
- Backpack or Camelback
- ID Card/Passport
- Phone and charger
- Money/Credit Cards – don’t forget to load the pearls onto your bracelet!
- Tomorrowland Ticket!
Getting festival ready can be tough, especially when it’s overseas. It can take both time and crucial planning to ensure you are ready to go! Now that you’ve got some ideas on what to pack, we’ve found that doing one’s research on what to expect is another vital piece to the puzzle. A quick google search or two and utilizing sites like Reddit provide some great tips and tricks that we’ve found to be quite useful.
Awesome recommendations from previous attendees include:
- Keeping a water bottle handy for refills
- Remember to top off pearls on your bracelet to avoid lines
- Keep hydrated and stay safe!
- Use the buddy system when you can!
- Try the food! We have heard nothing but amazing things about the selections and fun restaurants onsite. Whether you go all out and purchase a voucher for a themed option or get some munchies from one of the plethoras of vendors, certainly get your grub on!
- Review the festival map and time slots. With so much to see, carefully schedule your preferred artist acts and places you want to visit. You have three whole days, so soak it in!
- Be aware of your surroundings…and your belongings. Just like any festival, a sad but true part is that robberies can take place and it sure isn’t fun. Utilize a fanny pack, backpack, whatever you need to keep your items safe and on you at all times.
- Most of all HAVE FUN!
In short, your experience at Tomorrowland should hopefully be nothing short of epic. In even further preparation, we have compiled some of our favorite Tomorrowland songs and sets of years past. What’s better than listening to some great tunes while ramping up your excitement and getting ready for the time of your life. Plane tickets? Check. Tomorrowland ticket? Check. Ultimate check list and travel guide…complete.
Get all the latest Pacific Northwest nightlife news, directly to your inbox.