This last weekend I attended an informative talk and discussion at The Analog on microdosing for depression, anxiety and PTSD. The event was put on by the Portland Psychedelic Society, and was welcomed with a full house. The night consisted of 4 speakers and a stories and comment section. I wanted to share a couple things that stuck with me from the night.
- People that used opiates on a daily basis were able to get themselves completely off, and found a plan that worked for them through microdosing.
- If you are new to mushroom hunting, do not go by yourself. Go with someone that knows what they are doing and looking for. It can be very dangerous.
- It is more than just microdosing, but finding a plan and routine in meditation, diet, exercise, microdosing and support.
- Microdosing has helped people with depression, anxiety, energy, addiction, PTSD, and migraines. It even helped a color blind man see color.
- With microdosing you are on a schedule.
- You may not hear about microdosing as an option from a doctors office, but everyone is different, and certain medications may not work for everyone.
- Doses can be different from person to person, based on how prone they are.
This is still a controversial topic and a lot of studies still need to be done. But the more people discuss their situations, the more we will know.
What do think about states trying to legalize psychedelic mushrooms?