SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY! Yes that’s right, Super Bowl Sunday is finally upon us. And while we’re certainly sad to not see our fellow Seahawks in California, but it’s shaping up to be quite the game. For some, Super Bowl Sunday is day to break out the BBQ, call over some friends, and spend the day watching the game…and commercials obviously. Yet for others it’s just another day, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have an eventful February 7th. So if you’re not one for football, we’ve put together a list of things to take advantage of while everyone else is glued to the TV.
- Get outside: Certainly if you’re living in the Pacific Northwest, you’ve notice we’ve got quite the scenery to take in. Without a doubt, the PNW coast is always worth a visit. Whether you’re in Portland, Seattle, Eugene, or Vancouver, chances are you’re a short drive to a date with the beautiful outdoors. Take advantage of smaller crowds and stretch those legs. If you really want to enhance your trek, throw in some headphones and your favorite mix, or maybe Eric Prydz latest album perhaps?!
- Get cultured: Crowds at your local museum will certainly be slower with all the Super Bowl hype. Chances are it’ll be raining, and if you’re not prepared to venture into to elements, then seek a little inside fun. Portland has quite a few art museums, while Seattle hosts one of our favorite, The EMP (Experience Music Project Museum). Grab some friends and learn a thing or two, or head out solo and enjoy some quality “me time”.
- Get rad!: Winter is still upon us, and the ski slopes are still open. Rise and shine nice and early to get the first chair up to your favorite run. Haven’t tried skiing or snowboarding before? Then what better way to try for your first time than tomorrow. If you’re still not convinced to give it a try there’s always snow shoeing. So go play in that fluffy white stuff before spring comes to wash it all away.
- Get dancing: This really could be taken in quite a few ways. Host a dance party with some friends in your favorite onesies, or got find a local dance studio and learn how to swing dance. If you’re living near Vancouver head to Celebrities to catch Krafty-Kuts throw down a killer set as usual.
- GET SCHWIFTY!: Our last and final option is one to be interpreted however you may see fit. Ultimately if you’re not interested in who wins or loses then tomorrow is just another day. Sometimes a day like today is reason enough to get together with friends. Make up your own holiday and party the day away, or binge watch a new tv series on Netflix. And for those who do care, may your team play their hardest…although we’ll be rooting for the west coast!
So there you have it. Regardless of what your opinion of the Super Bowl may be, theres plenty of thing to celebrate. After all, it’s still the weekend so why not try and cram in a few more laughs and good times before heading back into the office tomorrow morning.